How to Root Sony Xperia Acro S LT26w (Jelly Bean 4.1) – Sony Xperia Acro S or which if known as Sony LT26w an upper middle-class smartphone, which was launched one year ago in May 2012, and then officially available on the market in August 2012. Prominent advantages of the Sony Xperia Acro S LT26W compared to other android smartphones are able to survive in water with a depth of up to 1 meter with a time for half an hour. Not only resistant to water, but the Sony Xperia Acro S LT26W also provide limited protection from dust. You need to know if it is able to provide total protection from dust then the certificate is IP56.
Have used dual core processor with a speed of 1.5 GHz, using a Qualcomm MSM8260 Snapdragon chipset which offers dependable performance. Ram capacity is 1 GB allowing multitasking activities more convenient. 12 Mp camera with a resolution of 4000 × 3000 pixels, equipped with autofocus and flash. Capable of recording HD video at 1080p @ 30fps, which is equipped with video stabilization feature. Supports 3G HSDPA network that offers fast internet access. Has supported NFC feature that can be used to make payment transactions via mobile phone.
In this post Smartphone Clinic will provide a tutorial on how to root the Sony Xperia Acro S LT26w. This tutorial works on 6.2.B.1.96 firmware only, This works on Both Locked/ Unlocked bootloader! Root your device at your own risk.
Flashing the Rootable Older Kernel
- Copy the Xperia_Acro_S_LT26w_6.2.B.0.211_KernelOnly.ftf and Xperia_Acro_S_LT26w_6.2.B.1.96_KernelOnly.ftf file you downloaded above to C:\Flashtool\firmwares on your harddrive.
- Launch Flashtool application as administrator and connect your device to PC
- Select Flashmode.
- Choose Xperia_Acro_S_LT26w_6.2.B.0.211_KernelOnly.ftf and click on OK.
- Follow the on-screen instructions on how to boot your device into fastboot mode and connect your device.
- Once flashing is done reboot device and close the Flashtool
Root the Xperia Acro S LT26w
- Make sure to Enable USB Debugging and Enable Unkwon Sources
- run the DooMLoRD tool by double-click on runme_win.bat
- Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the process to be complete.
- After rooting is over the device will restart
- If the SuperSU App exist on your Application Menu on your smartphone it means you’ve succesfully rooted your device.
- Once thats done now turn off your device and open FlashTool again
- Now you need to flash Xperia_Acro_S_LT26w_6.2.B.1.96_KernelOnly.ftf this time.
- After flashing is done just disconnect and power on device and enjoy rooted phone!
For more details, please watch following video:
Congratulation! Now your Sony Xperia Acro S LT26w was rooted. You can verify that your Sony Xperia Acro S LT26w is successfully rooted or not by downloading Root Checker App on Play Store. Hopefully the article of How to Root Sony Xperia Acro S LT26w (Jelly Bean 4.1) useful for you.
(Visited 1,458 times, 1 visits today)