Root Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini U.S. Cellular (SCH-R890) and Sprint (SPH-L520) – Galaxy S4 mini is an android smartphone for the upper middle class, which is made by the leading manufacturers Korean origin, namely Samsung. This Android device was first introduced in May 2013 and then released officially in July, 2013. This mobile phone comes with a charming typical specification of samsung, such as the use of AMOLED screen, which is also coated with gorilla glass.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini has a fairly compact physical size that is length: 124.6 mm, width: 61.3 mm and thickness: 8.9 mm, with a fairly light weight is 107 grams. The screen size is 4.3 inches wide enough so that the user is freely to navigate the screens and menus. On the screen uses AMOLED capacitive touch screen that can display more clear and sharp images. The screen has a high enough resolution is 540 x 960 pixels with a pixel density of 256 ppi. The screen has also been coated with corning gorilla glas technology that provides protection from unwanted scratches.
In this post Smartphone Clinic will provide a tutorial on How to Root Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini U.S. Cellular (SCH-R890) and Sprint (SPH-L520) on Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware. This tutorial is using Odin on Windows Computer. Root your device at your own risk.
- Make sure your phone battery is charged to 70% or more
- Enable USB Debugging, by open Settings > Developers Option > USB Debugging
(If Developers Option is hidden, go to Settings > About Phone > Built Number (tap on it for 5-8 times)
- Make sure you’ve installed the Samsung Kies or the Samsung Galaxy S4 mini USB Driver on your PC
- Download and Unzip the following files in accordance with the model number of your Galaxy Galaxy S4 Mini:
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini U.S. Cellular (SCH-R890) and Sprint (SPH-L520)
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
- Boot into “download mode”, by pressing and hold Volume Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously
- When a warning triangle appears on screen, press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Start the Odin3.exe program
- When your device is in download mode, connect it to the computer and you will see the word “Added”.
- Click the “PDA” in “Odin” and select the file named CF-Auto-Root………tar.md5 file
- Ensure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are selected in Odin, while the Re-Partition option is unchecked.
- click Start in Odin.
- Once the root installation is done, your phone will reboot and soon a PASS message with a green background appears in the left-most box at the very top of Odin.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 mini will reeboot automatically
- If the SuperSU App exist on your Application Menu on your smartphone it means you’ve succesfully rooted your device.
If you want to Unroot your device, Open SuperSu > Settings > Full Unroot
Congratulation! Now your Samsung Galaxy S4 mini was rooted. You can verify that your Samsung is successfully rooted or not by downloading Root Checker App on Play Store. Hopefully the tutorial of Root Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini U.S. Cellular (SCH-R890) and Sprint (SPH-L520) useful for you.
(Visited 254 times, 1 visits today)