How to Root Huawei Ascend Y220 using Root Genius – Towards the close of 2013, the vendor Huawei released the latest smartphone that is powered by a dual sim and has a low price, the Huawei Ascend Y220. Ascend Y220 is equipped with a 3.5-inch screen with a resolution of 320 x 480 pixels with a fairly small dimensions 116.5 x 60.6 x which is 12.3 mm and weighs 130 grams.
Ascend Y220 uses an ‘MediaTek MT6572M Dual-Core 1GHz. Unfortunately, the smartphone is equipped only with a capacity of 256 MB RAM and 512 MB of internal memory which is backed up to 32Gb MicroSD slot. For the operating system, the Ascend Y220 runs on Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system. The View of the camera, Ascend Y220 carried a camera that can be said is very mediocre because this smartphone only provide the main camera with VGA resolution.
In this post Smartphone Clinic will provide a tutorial on How to Root Huawei Ascend Y220. This tutorial is using Root Genius App on Windows Computer. Root your device at your own risk.
- Make sure your phone battery is charged to 70% or more
- Disable Antivirus App on your computer
- Backup your device data
- Enable USB Debugging, by open Settings > Developers Option > USB Debugging
If Developers Option is hidden, go to Settings > About Phone > Built Number (tap on it for 5-8 times)
- Download and Install the Huawei Ascend Y220 USB Driver on the PC
- Download and install RootGenius.exe on your computer
How to Root Huawei Ascend Y220 using Root Genius
- Open Root Genius App
- Connect your phone to a PC with a USB cable. Once your smarthphone is connected successfully to the computer, Root Genius will automatically detect your device.
- Check the “I accept …”and press the Root It Wait until the root process is complete.
- Wait until the root process is complete. Make sure not to disconnect the phone from the PC during the process.
- If the KingUser App exist on your Application Menu on your smartphone it means you’ve succesfully rooted your device.
For more details, please watch following video:
Congratulation! Now your Huawei Ascend Y220 was rooted. You can verify that your Huawei Ascend Y220 is successfully rooted or not by downloading Root Checker App on Play Store. Hopefully the tutorial of How to Root Huawei Ascend Y220 using Root Genius useful for you.
(Visited 1,056 times, 1 visits today)