How to root Sony Xperia J ST26a / ST26i Locked and Unlocked Bootloader – Sony Xperia J ST26i is a lower middle-class smartphone manufacturers from Japan, namely Sony. This mobile phone has a four-inch screen is announced in August 2012 and then officially launched in October 2012. Comes with a fairly complete specification. The operating system used is not current ie android ICS, but can be upgraded to android jelly bean.
Sony Xperia J weighs about 124 grams and has a thickness of about 9.2 mm. Xperia J featuring a 4-inch screen and has a resolution of 480 x 854 pixels. The touch screen of this phone is capable of supporting more than 16 million colors and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. This phone has a rear camera as the main camera 5 MP resolution that is capable of capturing impressive images. There are many features available support to improve quality. A secondary VGA camera is also available in this handset. There are a variety of multimedia features available in the Sony Xperia J to provide entertainment. Users have access to the internet via 3G, Wi-Fi, GPRS and EDGE networks.
In this post Smartphone Clinic will provide a tutorial on how to root the Sony Xperia J ST26a / ST26i. This tutorial works on 11.2.A.0.21/31 firmware. This will works on Both Locked/ Unlocked bootloader! Root your device at your own risk.
- USB cable
- Make sure the battery is at least 70%
- Enable USB Debugging, by open Settings > Developers Option > USB Debugging
If Developers Option is hidden, go to Settings > About Phone > Built Number (tap on it for 5-8 times)
- Enable Unkwon Sources from Menu > Settings > Applications > Enable Unkwon Sources
- Necessary USB drivers for Xperia J should be installed on the computer (including ADB drivers).
- Download and Unzip DooMLoRD Easy Rooting Toolkit (Link available in this post)
How to root Sony Xperia J ST26a / ST26i Locked and Unlocked Bootloader
- Connect USB cable to your device and then connect to PC
- Run the DooMLoRD tool by double-click on runme_win.bat (for Windows), runme_linux.sh (for Linux), runme_mac.sh (for Mac).
- Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the process to be complete.
- After rooting is over the device will restart
- If the SuperSU App exist on your Application Menu on your smartphone it means you’ve succesfully rooted your device.
For more details, please watch following video:
Congratulation! Now your Sony Xperia J ST26a / ST26i was rooted. You can verify that your Sony Xperia J ST26a / ST26i is successfully rooted or not by downloading Root Checker App on Play Store. Hopefully the article of How to root Sony Xperia J ST26a / ST26i Locked and Unlocked Bootloader useful for you.
(Visited 1,604 times, 1 visits today)