How to Root and Install CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9192 (KitKat) – Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos i9192 is a dual SIM GSM Android smartphone that comes with a Super AMOLED screen measuring 4.3 inches with a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels (256ppi). Presented to the market segment of young people who have high mobility, the Galaxy S4 Mini appear more compact. Although the size is mini but that does not mean the performance is sacrificed.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini is a smartphone that supports LTE or 4G technology. To complement your wireless activities, this smartphone is also equipped with Wi-Fi. NFC technology is also available that you can Pair with device that supports NFC. Bluetooth technology helps you share files with friends or family. You can also easily connect your Galaxy S4 Mini to the TV via DLNA. Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos has now got an update of Android 4.4 KitKat.
In this post Smartphone Clinic will provide a tutorial on How to Root and Install CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9192 running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware. This tutorial is using Odin on Windows Computer. Root your device at your own risk.
How to Root and Install CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9192 (KitKat)
- Copy the “S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip” to your device SD card.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
- Boot into “download mode”, by pressing and hold Volume Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously
- When a warning triangle appears on screen, press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Start the Odin3.exe program
- When your device is in download mode, connect it to the computer and you will see the word “Added”.
- Click the PDA / PA in “Odin” and select the file named recovery-clockwork-220.127.116.11-serranodsdd.tar.md5 file
- Ensure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are selected in Odin, while the Re-Partition option is unchecked.
- click Start in Odin.
- Once the root installation is done, your phone will reboot and soon a PASS message with a green background appears in the left-most box at the very top of Odin.
- After the phone resets (it vibrates) IMMEDIATELY hold volume up and home buttons to boot into recovery mode.
- In recovery mode use the “volume up” or “down” to highlight and “home” button to select.
- Next select “apply update from sd card”
- Locate “S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip” file who had already downloaded.
- Wait for the process to complete, and then later select “Reboot System Now”.
For more details, please watch following video:
Congratulation! Now your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini was rooted. If the root of the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini successful it will appear SuperSU or Superuser app on your smartphone. You also can verify that your Samsung is successfully rooted or not by downloading Root Checker App on App Store. Hopefully the article of How to Root and Install CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9192 (KitKat) useful for you.
(Visited 2,074 times, 1 visits today)