How to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport SM-G860P (Sprint) – Along with the advent of the Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A, Samsung also has introduced a sporty smartphone through Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport in June 2014. The presence of the Galaxy S5 Sport is certainly adds to its line of smartphones Galaxy S series published in the market. As the name implies, this smartphone is designed for you who have a sporty soul and exercising. One of flagship features of the Galaxy S5 Sport is water resistant feature. This smartphone can last in water with a depth of 1 meter for 30 minutes. In addition, this smartphone also anti-dust.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport comes with a screen size of 5.1 inches. The screen has a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. Type screen Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. Rear camera features embedded in the Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport is quite qualified, because carrying a camera with a resolution of 16 megapixels with a maximum resolution of 3456 x 4508 pixels. In addition, the rear camera is also equipped with a number of interesting features like LED flash, autofocus, image stabilization, face detection, Aqua mode, and smile detection. Meanwhile, the front camera on the Galaxy S5 Sport uses a 2 mp lens. This smartphone comes in two colors namely Cherry Red and Electric Blue.
This root guide is meant for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport SM-G860P (Sprint). Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport SM-G860P running on Android 4.4.2. Smartphone Clinics is not responsible for any gain or loss incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk.
- Make sure you install the Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport USB drivers on your PC, if you haven’t already.
- Make sure the battery on your mobile phone is more than 60%
- Enable USB Debugging, by open Settings > Developers Option > USB Debugging
(If Developers Option is hidden, go to Settings > About Phone > Built Number (tap on it for 5-8 times)
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport SM-G860P (Sprint)
- Launch Odin3-v3.07 by click right and run as administrator
- Click the PDA button on Odin and select CF-Auto-Root-kltesprsports-smg860p.tar.md5 file.
- Ensure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are selected in Odin, while the Re-Partition option is unchecked.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport SM-G860P (Sprint)
- Boot in download mode, by pressing the Volume Down + Home + Power Key simultaneously.
- When a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on screen, tap Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport SM-G860P (Sprint) to your PC with the USB cable. Odin will automatically detect your phone and show the “added message”.
- Now, click Start in Odin.
- Once the root installation is done, your phone will reboot and soon a PASS message with a green background appears in the left-most box at the very top of Odin.
- Your phone will reboot, close Odin after device turns on.
For more details, please watch the following video
Congratulation! Now your Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport SM-G860P was rooted. Hopefully the tutorial of How to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport SM-G860P (Sprint) useful for you.
(Visited 222 times, 1 visits today)