How to root Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G8508S / SM-G850L / SM-G850K – Although it already has a Galaxy S5 as its flagship smartphone, the Samsung still trying to dominate the market by introducing the Galaxy Alpha. From the specifications it has, it seems the Samsung expects that different segments between Alpha Galaxy and Galaxy S5. The main advantages of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha is the body side made of metal which makes it a serious rival to the iPhone 6. With dimensions of 132.4 x 65.5 x 6.7 mm and weighs 115 grams, this phone will feel quite comfortable to operate using one hand because it is not too big.
Samsung Galaxy Alpha has a 4.7-inch touch screen Super AMOLED technology as a flagship smartphone from Samsung. This screen is also supported with a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels with a density of 320 ppi which makes the display becomes clear. Samsung Galaxy Alpha has Octa Core chipset consisting of a Quad Core 1.8 GHz and 1.3 GHz Quad Core that work interchangeably. In the memory sector Samsung Galaxy Alpha also has 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal memory. With a 12 MP camera, the Samsung Galaxy Alpha is still quite capable to capture a variety of images.
In this post Smartphone Clinic will provide a tutorial on How to root Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G8508S / SM-G850L / SM-G850K on Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware. This tutorial is using Odin on Windows Computer. Root your device at your own risk.
- Make sure your phone battery is charged to 70% or more
- Backup your device data
- Enable USB Debugging, by open Settings > Developers Option > USB Debugging
If Developers Option is hidden, go to Settings > About Phone > Built Number (tap on it for 5-8 times)
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies on your PC
- Download and Unzip the following files in accordance with the model number of your Galaxy Alpha:
How to root Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G8508S / SM-G850L / SM-G850K
- Run Odin, you’ll see the whole box and the windows were empty. Click the “PDA” in “Odin” and select the file named CF-Auto-Root………tar.md5 file
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Boot into “download mode”, by pressing and hold Volume Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously
- When a warning triangle appears on screen, press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- When your device is in download mode, connect it to the computer and you will see the word “Added”.
- Make sure the box “Auto Reboot” and “Reset Time” is checked.
- Click the “Start” button in the “Odin”, then wait until the process is completely finished.
- Make sure not to disconnect the phone from the PC during the process.
- Once the root installation is done, your phone will reboot and soon a PASS message with a green background appears in the left-most box at the very top of Odin.
- Your Samsung Galaxy Alpha will reeboot automatically
For more details, please watch following video:
Congratulation! Now your Samsung Galaxy Alpha was rooted. You can verify that your Samsung is successfully rooted or not by downloading Root Checker App on Play Store. Hopefully the tutorial of How to root Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G8508S / SM-G850L / SM-G850K useful for you.
(Visited 161 times, 1 visits today)