How to Root Nexus 5 on Android 5.0 Lollipop – Nexus 5 is the successor to the Nexus 4 and a fifth device in the Google Nexus series. Smart phones developed by Google and LG Electronics that uses the Android operating system was first announced in October 2013, and was released on November 2013. On the Nexus 5, LG are taking design elements from one of its flagship Android smartphone, the LG G2. LG Nexus 5 is the first Nexus phone that uses Full-HD display and supports LTE network connection.
Nexus 5 using screen 4.95 inch Full-HD resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels with a pixel density of 445 ppi. The screen is protected by Gorilla Glass technology 3. From the hardware side, this smartphone powered by a quad-core 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800, the graphics chip Adreno 330 450 MHz, and 2 GB of RAM. 8 MP rear camera with Optical Image Stabilization feature along with a 1.3 MP front camera is a mainstay Nexus 5 for the photos and videos.
On this occasion we will share tips on how to Root the LG Nexus 5 on Android 5.0 Lollipop Firmware. This method is quite easy to put into practice even for the beginner. Obviously you need a computer and the Nexus 5 is already in its bootloader unlocked. And this step will not delete any data.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device by select Setting – Developer options – USB debugging
- Make sure that battery backup of your device should be above 75% or more
- Make sure that your smartphone bootloader is unlocked.
- Backup of all necessary data’s on your Nexus device
- Download and extract CF-Auto-Root-hammerhead-hammerhead-nexus5.zip
How to Root Nexus 5 on Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Turn off your Nexus
- Boot the Nexus 5 into bootloader mode, by press and hold Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons until Fastboot/Bootloader menu and START icon appear on the screen.
- Connect the Nexus device to computer via USB cable.
- Now open the downloaded file and run the “root-windows” executable file (for windows), if you are using Linux or Mac, then you have to use the other scripts which will come along in the CF Root Tool Package.
- Once you have clicked the “root-windows” file, it will open up a command prompt asking you to “Press Any Key To Continue”. The tool will unlock bootloader using “OEM Unlock” which will wipe all the data on your device.
- Wait until the process is complete and your phone will automatically reboot
Congratulations! Now your Nexus 5 was rooted. Hopefully the article of How to Root Nexus 5 on Android 5.0 Lollipop useful for you.
(Visited 73 times, 1 visits today)