How to Root and install CWM on the Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 GT-i9152 – Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 has a 5.8 inch wide screen with a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels with a density of 190 ppi, are available in two choices of the single and dual sim card. Samsung Galaxy Mega is good for you who like the big screen. Performance of the Samsung Galaxy Mega has a processor that is qualified with Dual-core CPU and a 1.4 GHz processor speed plus 1.5 GB of RAM support.
In terms of its storage media, this smartphone is providing the internal memory of 8 GB with additional microSD external memory up to 64 GB. Advantages of the Samsung I9152 Galaxy Mega 5.8 lies in the complete network features support 3G HSDPA fast internet access. Another advantage of this phone is part of photography feature that comes with a resolution of 8 mp camera, with a maximum resolution of 3264 x 2447 pixels with autofocus, LED flash, geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, the camera is capable of recording HD video at 1080p @ 30fps and also the presence of a front camera with a resolution of 1.9 MP.
This guide is only for Galaxy Mega 5.8 GT-i9152. Rooting process can void the warranty, and we nor the developer will not be responsible in case of damage to your device, all the responsibility is yours. Do With Your Own Risk!
- Install the USB drivers on your PC
- Download CWM file recovery
- Download Odin 3.07
- Download SuperUser
- Backup important data if needed, to avoid things that are not desirable.
After you download the above files, extract 3.07.zip Odin, and also extract files CWM so that you will find a file with the format of tar.md5. Especially for SuperUser.zip file copied to sd card mobile phone as you would install it directly from the phone.
Guide to install CWM Recovery on Galaxy Mega 5.8:
- Turn off the device and enter into download mode, by press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power until lit, after notification appears and then press the Volume Up button to enter Download mode
- Open Odin.exe then connect the phone to a PC with a USB cable, then Odin will immediately detect your device, if it is detected, a message will appear Added !! And box ID: COM changes color.
- Click PDA and select the Recovery CWM.tar.md5 fil.
- Check the Auto-Reboot and F.Reset Time,
- Make sure everything is correct and then click Start
- Wait until the process is completed, and if completed will display the message ‘Pass’
- The device will reboot automatically
- Done, now go to the rooting process
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8:
- Go into recovery mode, by turning off the device and then turn it back on by pressing the Volume Up + Home + Power to enter into recovery mode
- After getting into recovery select install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > and select the superuser.zip file
- Confirm by selecting Yes to begin the process of its root, and wait for it to finish
- Reboot your device by selecting reboot system now
Congratulations you’ve rooted Galaxy Mega and also already installed Clockworkmod recovery in it, now you’ve got full access to the device and can do many things with it. Hopefully the article of How to Root and install CWM on the Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 GT-i9152 useful for you.
(Visited 548 times, 1 visits today)