How to Root and Install CWM on Samsung Galaxy Star S5280 / S5282 – Galaxy Star S5282 is one of android smartphones at affordable prices from leading manufacturers from Korea, namely Samsung. Samsung Galaxy Star S5282 was first announced in April 2013 and was officially released in May 2013. This is a simple phone type, based on Jelly Bean Android OS v4.1.2. With dimensions: 105 x 58 x 11.9 mm,; Weight: 100.5 grams; touchscreen; plastic materials; 3.5 mm audio port; volume rocker, power button / lock; mic hole; navigation buttons below the screen, settings wizard, back.
In the next section, you will see the beauty of the touch screen, accompanied by an oval-shaped navigation button, and flanked by two sensitive touchkey, towards the setting wizard and back. Capacity up to 4 GB of internal memory with an external memory up to 32 GB of storage. You will be pampered with the advantages of a 2 MP camera, 1600 × 1200 pixels. The advantages of the Samsung Galaxy Star S5282 is a Dual SIM feature. Unfortunately, the phone does not support 3G HSDPA network.
This time we will share turorial how to root Samsung Galaxy Star S5282 / S5280. By rooting the Galaxy Star, then you will be able to install custom ROMs, mod, install applications that need root access, or other interesting things.
- Make sure the battery is at least 70%
- Enable the USB debugging mode by following the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging – Check box
- Install the Samsung Galaxy Star USB driver
- Download Odin save on the PC. Extract in a place easy to find
- Download CWM Reovery.tar.zip
- Download SuperSU.zip.
How to Install CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Star S5282 / S5280
- Connect the ‘Galaxy Star to your PC with the USB cable
- After that connect your phone, copy the SuperSU.zip file to your SD card.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 smartphone
- Go to the Download Mode by pressing and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power button simultaneously
- When you are in download mode you will see the warning window, press the Volume Up button to continue the process.
- Now, open the Odin3 on your computer.
- Connect your phone to the computer. Odin will automatically detect your phone and show the “added message”.
- Select PDA option, then locate and select the recovery.tar.zip file that you have downloaded.
- Now, click the “Start” button in Odin to start the flashing process.
- When the process is complete you will see a Green Pass Message in Odin. And your device will reboot automatically. Now, you can disconnect your phone from the computer.
- Done! Now you can continue to root process.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Star S5282 / S5280
- Sign in to recovery mode, by turning the phone off and then turn it on back by pressing and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power, to enter recovery mode.
- In the Recovery menu, select the “Install zip from SD card > Choose zip from SD card > Install SuperSu.zip
- Once the process is complete select reboot system now
Congratulation! Now, your Samsung Galaxy Star S5280 / S5282 was rooted. To know whether the rooting process was successfully finished, open the app menu in your phone. There, if you see SuperSU app you can conclude that your phone was successfully rooted. Hopefully the article of How to Root and Install CWM on Samsung Galaxy Star S5280 / S5282 useful for you.
(Visited 1,288 times, 1 visits today)