How to Root an Sony Xperia Z2 (17.1.A.2.55 or 17.1.A.2.69 firmware) – Sony Xperia Z2 is a smartphone made by Sony Japan, it is the successor of its predecessor Xperia Z first version. As the successor of course offer a higher specification and better. Sony Xperia Z2 is ready to compete with a smartphone made two of its competitorsis galaxy s5 and htc One M8. Can not be denied that the Xperia Z2 looks very similar to its predecessor, the Xperia Z1. Design both are almost indistinguishable when biting, as if Sony took the casing of Z1 and replace its hardware with new components.
Sony Xperia Z2 has a 5.2 inch screen and a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels with a pixel density of 424 ppi. The screen is equipped with unique technology from Sony that trilumino display and x reality engine so as to promising high-quality display. Powered by a 2.3 GHz quad-core processor from Qualcomm latest generation, known energy efficient, with a capacity of 3 GB of ram. As for its camera has a resolution of 20 MP with fitted typical photographic technology from Sony. Bagging IP58 certificate, which means xperia z2 resistant to dust and water for 30 minutes at a depth of 1 meter.
In this post Smartphone Clinic will provide a tutorial on how to root the Sony Xperia Z2. This tutorial is only for the Sony Xperia Z2 running on 17.1.A.2.55 or 17.1.A.2.69 firmware, and in this way only to devices that we mentioned earlier, do not use this method on other devices. This procedure will work on both LOCKED & UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER devices! Root your device at your own risk.
- Make sure the battery is at least 70%
- Enable USB Debugging, by open Settings > Developers Option > USB Debugging
(If Developers Option is hidden, go to Settings > About Phone > Built Number (tap on it for 5-8 times)
- Enable Unkwon Sources from Menu > Settings > Applications
- Necessary USB drivers for Xperia Z2 should be installed on the computer (including ADB drivers).
- Download the Xperia Z2 Rooting Toolkit and extract it on your PC
How to Root an Sony Xperia Z2 Locked & Unlocked Bootloader (17.1.A.2.55 or 17.1.A.2.69 firmware)
- Go to the folder where its extracted and execute “RUNME.bat”
- You will see the following screen appear talking about “Installing exploit app“. You don’t need to do anything at this stage, just let the program run.
- Once you see the following screen, you need to crash the Service Menu on your Xperia Z2. When you access your phone, you should notice that the script has opened your Service Menu. Click on Service Info > Configuration and you will notice that the screen will blink and then you will be thrown back into the Service Menu. Click any key on your PC/laptop to continue.
- If successful, you will then see the following screen. Crash the Service Menu and press any key on the computer to continue
- Once the process is completed, a screen will appear saying, Removing exploit app which will disappear
- Reboot the handset once the script window disappears.
For more details, please watch following video:
Congratulation! Now your Sony Xperia Z2 was rooted. Hopefully the tutorial of How to Root an Sony Xperia Z2 (17.1.A.2.55 or 17.1.A.2.69 firmware) useful for you.
(Visited 180 times, 1 visits today)