Easy Method to Root Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M / SCH-R970X / SCH-R970C – Samsung Galaxy S4 was released some time ago. As a product that sits at the top of the hierarchy of smartphones from Samsung, the Galaxy S4 is equipped with a row of components and advanced features. There is also a wide variety of unique functions embedded in the Galaxy S4, including the capability to detect body movements such as head and hands to be used as a means of interaction with the phone.
Galaxy S4 was pretty solid. The weight of the device is 130 g, with thickness less than 8mm, and rounded corners make the Galaxy S4 is comfortable to grip. Galaxy S4 looks very similar to its predecessor, the Galaxy S III. One of the most striking of the Galaxy S4 is the screen. In addition to large (5 inches), Super AMOLED display that is carried by this smartphone also looks very beautiful. Galaxy S4 comes with the operating system Android 4.2.2 which is the latest version, clad in typical TouchWiz interface of Samsung.
In this post Smartphone Clinic will provide a tutorial on How to Root Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M / SCH-R970X / SCH-R970C running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware. Smartphone Clinics is not responsible for any gain or loss incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk.
- Make sure your phone battery is charged to 70% or more
- Backup your device data
- Enable USB Debugging, by open Settings > Developers Option > USB Debugging
(If Developers Option is hidden, go to Settings > About Phone > Built Number (tap on it for 5-8 times)
- Download and Install the Samsung Galaxy S4 USB Driver on the PC
- Download and Unzip the following files in accordance with the model number of your Galaxy S4:
Easy Method to Root Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M / SCH-R970X / SCH-R970C
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S4
- Boot into “download mode”, by pressing and hold Volume Down, Home andPower buttons simultaneously
- When a warning triangle appears on screen, press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Run ODIN3.exe from previously extracted files
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB.
- Odin will automatically detect your phone and show the “added message”.
- Click the “PDA” in “Odin” and select the file named CF-Auto-Root-………………tar.md5 file
- Ensure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are selected in Odin, while the Re-Partition option is unchecked.
- Click the “Start” button in the “Odin”, then wait until the process is completely finished.
- Make sure not to disconnect the phone from the PC during the process.
- Once the root installation is done, your phone will reboot and soon a PASS message with a green background appears in the left-most box at the very top of Odin.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S4 will reeboot automatically
For more details, please watch following video:
Congratulation! Now your Samsung Galaxy S4 was rooted. Hopefully the tutorial of Easy Method to Root Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M / SCH-R970X / SCH-R970C useful for you.
(Visited 96 times, 1 visits today)